The ability of the Urban Analytics team to be an indispensable partner to each of our clients and the industry is the product of our cultural commitment.
Respect What Matters
Our clients matter, and we matter
to our clients.
Our industry matters,
and we matter to our industry.
Our team matters, and each of us
matters to our team.
... and what we do matters.
Join the UA Team
We’re always on the lookout for engaged, energetic and qualified candidates to join our team. Send us your resume.
WHO WE ARE
Urban Analytics (UA) is a market-leading research and advisory firm specializing in the collection and analysis of new multi-family residential development data in British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario. UA strives to provide a dynamic and team-oriented work environment that allows team-members to learn and gain valuable experience in the residential development industry.
WHAT WE NEED
We’re looking for someone with positive energy, a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn to fill the position of Junior Market Research Analyst. Reporting to the Senior Market Analysts and the principals of UA, the Market Analyst is responsible for assisting with a variety of tasks related to the collection and maintenance of new multifamily home project data in UA’s proprietary NHSLive data product, and to provide support for our advisory services. As Junior Market Analyst, you will:
- Conduct primary and secondary research to collect data on new condominium and townhome projects and newer rental apartment developments throughout Calgary and Edmonton;
- Input data and relevant information collected from all monitored multi-family projects into UA’s NHSLive data platform;
- Identify and monitor the pre-launch marketing of all new multi-family and rental apartment projects;
- Monitor new rental/multi-family development applications submitted to municipal planning departments across Calgary and Edmonton markets, and input/update data on NHSLive;
- Assist with analysis and entry of residential land transaction data in the NHSLive database;
- Monitor economic indicators relevant to the new multi-family home development industry as required;
- Assist with taking and uploading photos of active and contemplated new multi-family development properties throughout the planning and construction process; and,
- Provide general support for data products and advisory services.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills;
- Organized and resourceful with strong research skills/abilities, work ethic, and a positive attitude;
- Strong interest in and desire to learn about the residential real estate market and development industry;
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment;
- Strong writing and grammar skills;
- Familiarity with neighbourhoods in Calgary and Edmonton;
- Have received or are working towards Post-Secondary degree or diploma in related fields of business;
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and be willing to travel. (Driving expenses incurred will be reimbursed)
IF WE’RE A MATCH
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll contact you for a follow-up if you seem like a potential fit for this position